This morning, I decided to write down who I am. In the form of my Values.
1. Fairness – I know the world is not fair, but I was raised to believe that if I see something that is not fair, not only for me, but for someone else, I’m to fight for that. I can be quite passionate about this. I hate (and I don’t use that word lightly) discrimination in any form.
2. Kindness – I try to be kind to everyone. I still can’t stop myself from smiling at babies, saying hi to strangers and telling someone they look nice. Even if I don’t know them. I’m a firm believer in Karma.
3. Humor – If it’s not fun, then why? And I can make most things fun. I know there are times when things are not funny (like death), but I tend to find the humor in most other things.
4. Optimism – I’m an eternal optimist. Of course I get down, but I don’t stay that way for long. I believe things happen for a reason, usually for us to learn. I try to look at all of life that way. One huge opportunity to learn and grow.
5. Honesty – I’m completely honest and I expect others to be completely honest with me.
6. Passion – I have a passion for life. I am a Spit-fire. When I do things, I don’t do them half-way. That can be in work or play, in family or in love.
7. Responsible – When you say you’re going to do something, do it. When you make a mistake, own it. If it’s yours, take care of it, if it’s not, take even greater care of it.
8. Knowledge – I think when we stop learning, we stop living.
Who I am is not that I’m short, or that I’m a mother or a daughter or a sister. Who I am are my values, my core. When push comes to shove, this is how I’ll come out. I had been depressed for the last week or so, until I wrote these out. Now, not so much. I like who I am and I really mean that.
Blog challenge! If you read this and have a blog (haha! Who reads my blog? No one!), then do the same thing. Write out your core values. Write out who you are. Let me know you did it in the comments, so I can go read them.