Ok, to give fair warning, if you are a man/boy, you may want to stop now. Do not read any further. Woman stuff ahead! I’m going to put a nice, big picture up, so you can avoid even looking at what’s coming up…..
I warned you……
Ok, for those who have continued, I have to share. I’ve gone green. I have green periods now. That sounds kinda gross, I know. What I mean is, I’m using the DivaCup now and it’s just wonderful. I’m going to list the reasons why you should look into this.
- Savings. There is a one-time cost (around $35.00). That’s it. Nothing else for the next 10 years. Do the math. That’s $3 a year or about 25 cents a period. You just can’t beat that price.
- Ease of use. I know it sounds gross at first, but honestly, it’s very easy to use.
- No more smell! Every month, I stressed over the smell. No matter what product I used, I could smell it and it wasn’t nice.
- Better for your body. Do you know what chemicals they use in those products?
- Better for the environment. No more landfill waste.
You’ll notice I’ve avoided certain words. This is not because I’m squeamish, but I’m attempting to avoid the freaks who google for words like that from finding my blog.
Go, check it out. DivaCup is not the only option. There are many. Check out this Forum for lots of information.
If you use a menstrual cup, leave a comment. I’m curious about your experience.